On this first day of the new year, I’d like to look back at the old year for a bit. Oh, not the usual “this went well but that didn’t” blurbs. My retrospective is more along the lines of an author’s acknowledgement in the front of a book.
Every freelancer has a support system. We may not have employees or staff, but we have individuals and groups that we depend on for survival and sanity. In my case, I am grateful for:
- My clients, who keep my days productive and interesting.
- Colleagues and friends in my professional networks, who teach me things and give me reality checks and sympathy when people or technology leave me frustrated.
- My husband, who cooks, makes sure I get away from the computer and out of the house, and loves me even when I’m crabby.
- The angels with mops who, twice a month, do the heavy cleaning my aching joints keep me from doing myself.
- Opportunities to sing. Singing keeps me sane and healthy. Some days, singing is the only aerobic exercise I get.
- Our cats, who provide endless entertainment and purr therapy.
Who is on your support team?