One of the hazards of living in a series of very large houses is that one accumulates stuff. I’ve let this blog stagnate while I concentrated on de-cluttering 40+ years of work files, and 60+ years of accumulated personal stuff. (We will not talk about the cartons of stuff I inherited from my mother or the stuff she inherited from her mother. Nope. Not going there yet.)
I’m not finished with that, but I think it’s time to start writing again.
First, though, come the WordPress updates.
- Database backed up? √
- Child theme customizations backed up? √
- WP 4.6 installed? √
- Parent theme updated? √
- Plugins updated? √
To Do List
- Figure out why featured images aren’t connecting to slider categories.
- Remove image work-arounds from last updates to see if that fixes the slider images.
- Figure out why I now have at least three duplicates of all pages.
- Figure out why some (but not all) categories have been duplicated.
- Remove duplicate pages.
- Remove duplicate categories.
- Re-assign orphan posts to correct categories.
- Figure out why the main menu and slider menu are swapped.
First, turn off computer and pour a glass of that nice 30-year Solera. The blog fixes can wait until tomorrow.