I’ve seriously neglected this blog. Gotta fix that!
To help get back in gear, I’ve decided to join a couple of blog challenges.
- The 2013 ToBeRead (TBR) Pile Challenge
Roof Beam Reader sponsors this. The idea behind this challenge is that you read older books gathering dust on your shelves, books that you meant to read but have been sitting there for longer than a year. Sounds fun, and manageable: one book a month from my TBR pile, read and reviewed online. This will also help declutter the bedroom bookshelves.
- Third Sentence Thursday
What it says: Take whatever you are currently reading and post the third sentence in your blog. Share your thoughts on the sentence. Started this two years ago, but let it lapse. Going back to it, now. Some posts will be from my TBR Challenge books. Others will be from work-related books, poetry, essays, blog articles. Third sentence, each time.
- Cricket Walker’s occasional photo-blogging challenges, at V7N.com’s photography forum or on Facebook.
- I’ve also found several sources of daily or weekly writing prompts:
- NaBloPoMo Challenge
- Mindful Writing Challenge aka Small Stones
- Writers Digest Creative Writing Prompts
- Corbett Harrison’s WritingFix prompts
- Visual Writing Prompts
- The Writer magazine
- Writing Prompts That Don’t Suck
- Figment.com Daily Themes
- Ink Provoking
- Your Daily Writing Prompt
- Toasted-Cheese.com calendar
- Creative Writing Prompts
- Sunday Scribbles
No excuses now. Just do it!