This week’s Sunday Scribbles prompt is: etc.
As usual when I haven’t a clue what to do with a writing prompt, I start with a definition.
From Merriam-Webster Online:
a number of unspecified additional persons or things
That could describe my typical day. I start with a plan, a good plan. Then…life happens. “A number of unspecified additional persons or things” interrupt my carefully planned day, interfering with my work schedule, delaying household chores, distracting me from all the tasks on my To Do list.
- A phone call from a friend.
- The sound of kids in the playground across the street.
- An unexpected package delivered by the mailman, who needs a signature.
- The scruffy homeless man who offers to rake my lawn in exchange for a sandwich.
- A rabbit hops across the back yard and the cats raise a ruckus until I distract them with a toy.
- The light bulb in my desk lamp burns out.
- A button pops off my jacket, and I can’t find the black thread to sew it back on.
Interruptions are part of a normal life. Inconvenient sometimes, but without etceteras life wouldn’t be nearly as interesting.